REF : 4129
Level B, Zone 2(Global)
Oxfam Great Britain East Asia Region
Who are we?
Globally Oxfam Great Britain is an agency with a passion and ability to
inequality and suffering a thing of the past. Within East Asia Oxfam
is recognised as a leading development and humanitarian organisation,
successful track record which stretches over 50 years in Cambodia,
Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to deliver high
Humanitarian programmes thorough proactive leadership, management,
with others, and the lens of the Regional Change Strategy
The Regional Humanitarian Coordinator plays a key leadership role in the
in relation to Humanitarian response, preparedness and advocacy both at
and regional level. It is required to develop long-term vision and
planning to achieve significant impact in the humanitarian programme
leadership on the implementation of the Regional Humanitarian Strategy.
East Asia looks at capacity and response from 2 angles - from a regional
level with the Regional Centre and Countries contributing and from an
International perspective, ensuring that all Humanitarian activities are
a cross affiliate dimension
* At least five years experience of humanitarian response work in a
environments - including experience of field-level management of complex
response programmes; and all phases of the project/programme cycle;
* Demonstrable skills in gender analysis in humanitarian response or
preparedness programming, and a clear understanding of the practical
of gender issues in humanitarian environments;
* Demonstrable experience of policy and advocacy strategy development in
relation to humanitarian response work.
* Demonstrated facilitation, coaching/ capacity building & training
including the ability to influence teams when acting, as an external
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically, a high level of
* Excellent interpersonal /team skills, and an ability to work
* Fluent English. Knowledge of other major language of the region would
* Demonstrated financial management skills;
* Ability to manage competing demands and produce results under
* Demonstrated commitment to equal opportunities, including gender
* Willingness and ability to travel frequently (at least 3 months per
likely to be more at beginning of job, or at times when a major
response is underway).
How to apply?
We will provide a highly competitive salary, accommodation and benefit
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please apply
www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using the job Reference INT 4129
The closing date: October 22nd, 2010 Only short listed will be